Welcome to Evergreen Lutheran Church, a community parish committed to ministry in Evergreen and surrounding communities. We rejoice in the manner in which diversity has enriched, nurtured and challenged our lives and the ministry we share in Christ, and we invite all to participate in Word and Sacrament without discrimination due to race, creed, sexual orientation or financial status.
Christ is at the center of worship at Evergreen Lutheran Church. Services are spirit-filled and based on God’s word and the gospel. As the body of Christ and community of believers, we come together in response to the grace and love of God. Services are liturgical and celebrate the sacraments instituted by Christ.
You are invited to worship at Evergreen Lutheran Church. For worship service times, see the box on the right.
Our culture is warm and welcoming, as we care for one another within our extended church family. Members have a feeling of belonging, have fun together, and also care for nonmembers and our community.
We are a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America and a member of the Rocky Mountain Synod.
As members of Evergreen Lutheran Church we understand what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ through study of the Word and understanding the Lutheran faith. We offer Bible study for all ages.
Our 60th Anniversary – 2018
In June of 1954, members of Evergreen Lutheran Church gathered for the first time in the home of Iving and Gertie Antweiler on Blue Creek, to offer God thanks and praise and to eventually establish a congregation in Evergreen. They longed for a church that would bless them, the community, serve those in need, and give God glory. They envisaged that one day, this church would thrive and become a Spirit-filled force in the foothills of Colorado. Ground was broken for the new church on October 27, 1957. The cornerstone laying ceremony took place on November 16, 1958 and the first worship service at the new site was conducted in the basement on December 7, 1958. The dedication ceremony and installation of the Rev. Frederick H. Worthman occurred on January 4, 1959.
Our forbearers imagined a place where they would be nourished on the Word and would become a beautiful expression of the body of Christ. They dreamed of a church that would impact not only the mountain communities of Evergreen, Conifer, Morrison, Bailey, Pine, Pine Junction, Floyd Hill, and Genesee, but also Golden, Lakewood, and Littleton. This year, 2018, we celebrate the 60th anniversary of the unique and special creation of Christ’s church known as Evergreen Lutheran Church, a church of the ELCA and a member of the Rocky Mountain Synod.
ELC on Facebook
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Rocky Mountain Synod
Rainbow Trail Lutheran Camp